Saturday, April 22, 2006

Reflection of Grieved Man

Having recently returned from a long car trip to my oldest daughters funeral. I want to publicly proclaim my deep sorrow in losing one of my children. Not any child, but my first born, who was the kindest, most thoughtful person I have ever lost to death. Of course,like many people in my advanced age group, I have lost both my mother and father. Both at an early age. They too were kind and loving persons, but I have a special place in my heart for my first born who is now gone. I know my religious beliefs tell me she has gone to a "better place". And now is with those other loved ones that have crossed over to the "other side". But I still grieve and wonder why the "Good Die Young?"
The anguish experienced by parents who lose a child to wars or tragic accidents is certainly no less than mine, and I have empathy for them. The world suddenly becomes a more empty place, and the process of going on with our lives is harder.
The one thing I was impressed with was the large numbers of co-workers who attended her funeral. Obviously Her goodness and kindness were evident to all who came in contact with Susan. May God open his arms and embrace Her as I wish I could one more time.
What is the message I am trying to relay to you who take the time to read this? I seek but one thing. No not sympathy, but awakening to the fact that our lives are very fragile. One minute we are here and the next we are gone. So, don't be too busy to tell your loved ones that you love them, and take the time to make personal contact with them. Hug them while you still can!